I have used Cruise Control from ThoughtWorks at my CI server for a long time. CC.NET is a very good tool, but you have to spend a lot of time messing around with XML and tasks. It's time consuming. I have heard a lot of positive things about TeamCity from Jetbrains, so I figured that I wanted to try it. And, yes Jetbrains is the same company that makes ReSharper. A wonderful tool. I started out installing TeamCity on my server, and everything went like a breeze. I had my test project up and running within 10 minutes. Very easy configuration due to the web GUI. All good, BUT MY TESTS DID NOT RUN! I searched the Internet and could not find a good answer to why the tests did not run. I finally started to look at my build file, and it turns out that I imported my MSBuild community tasks this way:
This makes TeamCity very sad, and it won't display the test results. What TeamCity accepts is this:
So, the tip is: stay away from importing your tasks by using <UsingTask> tag, and rather use <Import>.